ARCADIA UNIVERSITY IN GRANADA
THE COLLEGE OF GLOBAL STUDIES IN GRANADA, SPAIN
- Study in beautiful Andalucía at the Centro de Lenguas Modernas (CLM) and the University of Granada
- Students may take courses at the University of Granada (superior-level students) or exclusively at the CLM, based on Spanish language proficiency and interests
- All Arcadia students enroll in an intensive one-month language course at the beginning of the semester
- NEW FOR 2010! Special Programs in Islamic Studies and Environmental Studies
- Credits: You will earn the following semester hours of credit: Fall and spring semester: 15-18 credits
- Admission Requirements: GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- No previous Spanish language experience necessary for Islamic and Environmental Studies; four semesters of Spanish or the equivalent for enrollment at the Centro de Lenguas Modernas; six semesters of Spanish for direct enrollment in regular university classes at University of Granada.
- You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation, and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Summer program also available in Spanish language and culture.
- Opportunity to earn a Co-Curricular Learning Certificate.
- Courses taught in English: Islamic Studies and Environmental Studies
- Courses taught in Spanish: Spanish Language and Culture
- Enrollment in University courses
- Home-stays and Students Residence at the University of Granada are offered for the Fall, Spring, All Year and Summer programs ( *one exception: the Student Residence is not available during the Summer)
- HOME-STAY: One or two students per home-stay; All meals included in the room fee; Home-stays are located all throughout the city of Granada. Commute times to the CLM and UGR can range from 5-35 minutes, walking or taking the bus.
- STUDENT RESIDENCE: Majority of students at the Residencia are Spanish; Rooms are single or double and have a private bath, a small fridge and a microwave.
Pillows and blankets are provided; Students have a meal plan and eat in the cafeteria (breakfast plus lunch or dinner) every weekday. Students receive stipend to help cover cost of third daily meal and weekend/holiday meals.
- Field trips included in fees
- Weekly cultural activities included in fees
- Organized field trips
- Organized events available
- Volunteer work opportunities
INFORMATION:Francisco Aragón-Guiller, Program Manager
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038-3295
Web site: www.arcadia.edu/abroad
CONTACT IN SPAIN:Assistant Director: Marta Cabrera