The CASA-Barcelona program offers students an unmatched opportunity to hone their Spanish skills while studying alongside local students at four premier universities in the city. Students from all academic disciplines who have completed a minimum of five to six semesters of college-level Spanish (or the equivalent or two semesters of Catalan) are eligible to apply. Participants must take a combination of courses in Spanish offered through the CASA-Barcelona and the associated universities. All students take a CASA Pro-seminar, which includes academic and cultural activities throughout the semester (visits to museums, conferences, study trips and workshops). In addition, students take one of two courses designed specifically for CASA students, taught by the resident director and a US visiting professor from a CASA consortium university, or a professor from a local partner university. Students complete their course selection with other direct-enrollment courses taken at one or more of the four local universities in Barcelona, which offer a wide range of subjects taught in Spanish and/or Catalan.
- Students from CASA member institutions apply via their home institution.
- Non-CASA member students apply through Brown University Office of International Programs.
- Requirements: Advanced language proficiency (5-6 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent (or two semesters of Catalan)).
- Academic year; fall semester or spring semester.
- Students from all disciplines.
- Full immersion program.
- Combination of courses offered through CASA-Barcelona and the associated universities.
- Undergraduate direct enrollment opportunities at four partner universities.
- All disciplines offered.
- Internships & volunteering positions.
- Optional tutoring sessions.
- Self-catered, single rooms at a central student residential facility.
- Field trips included in fees.
- Cultural activities included in fees.
- Optional research project