IFSA BARCELONA - INSTITUTE FOR STUDY ABROAD
ORGANIZATIONIFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a nonprofit organization founded at Butler University, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe, including Barcelona.
- IFSA Barcelona offers a semester program, a winter program, and two summer programs for students enrolled at U.S. or Canadian colleges or universities.
- Our "Design Thinking, Business, and Liberal Arts" program is available for the Fall Term and the Spring Term. This offering includes classes taught by IFSA along with elective class options at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
- Our "Summer in Barcelona" program offers two, four-week class sessions with instruction lead by IFSA. Our "Summer Internships in Barcelona" program provides credit-bearing, full-time internship placement with an area organization. And our "January in Barcelona" offering allows for a single class during a three-week term.
HOUSINGStudents participating in IFSA Barcelona programs reside in apartments/flats or residence halls, with all meals self-catered.
- Program activities are designed to enhance student intercultural competence by developing their understanding of the local culture and people. They are optional, but they are included in the total program fee. Activities vary each term based on availability, but previous events have included city tours, wine tastings, a visit to a volcano park, cooking classes, and a visit to Salvador Dalí's house and museum.
- IFSA Excursions are included in the program fee and though these are optional, most students choose to participate. Excursions vary each term based on availability. Typically, students participate in a long weekend trip to Seville to explore UNESCO World Heritage sites and observe a flamenco performance. Day trips may include a train ride to Girona to see medieval walls, visit a Jewish neighborhood, and a cathedral featured in Game of Thrones.
INFORMATION:For more information about IFSA and our Barcelona programs, please visit www.IFSA-Butler.org.
CONTACT IN SPAIN:Sandra Rodriguez Pareja
IFSA Barcelona Resident Director